It's expected that many teacher education institutions will develop professional experience programs that exceed these minimum expectations.
This policy is aimed at assisting teacher education institutions to develop or review their initial teacher education programs for submission to NESA for approval.
Program documentation will be considered in terms of whether available information on the professional experience component satisfies the requirements of this policy.
The document should be read in conjunction with the following existing policies relating to initial teacher education:
- Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programs in NSW: Policy and Procedures (October 2014)
- A Framework for High-Quality Professional Experience in NSW Schools (June 2014)
- Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programs in Australia: Standards and Procedures (December 2015)
- NSW Supplementary Documentation: Australian Graduate Teacher Standard Descriptor 2.1.1 (Subject Content Knowledge)(January 2013)
- NSW Supplementary Documentation: Elaborations in Priority Areas (October 2014).
Download the policy to learn more about the minimum expectations for professional experience in ITE programs.