If your child has a chronic illness
Get practical, emotional, and financial support at home and school.
Where to get help
Having a child with a chronic illness will normally bring changes for the whole family. You can get help at:
- Carers NSW Australia - services and support for people with chronic illness or disability, and their carers
- Variety children’s charity - financial and emotional support for children and their families affected by illness and disability
- Raising Children - information and resources for families of children with chronic illness
- Livewire - online community support for teens affected by chronic illness.
Support at school
If your child has a chronic illness, talk to their school for help:
- developing a health support plan
- applying for programs
- applying for financial help
- making modifications and adjustments at school.