Living with a chronic illness
Learn what to ask to make more informed decisions about your care and treatment, and find out more about pain management.
Ask your doctor
Knowing more about your illness will help you make better decisions about your care and treatment. It can help to:
- find a doctor you trust and feel comfortable with
- ask your doctor for a chronic disease management plan to help you manage your illness, and to assist you to access support from other health professionals who can help you
- talk to your doctor about your medication and the possible side effects
- ask your doctor about support groups in your local area.
Find out more about the key questions to ask your doctor at healthdirect.
Managing pain is an important part of living with a chronic illness.
This can mean taking prescription or non-prescription pain relief medication, as well as other treatments, including:
- physical therapy
- cognitive behavioural therapy
- stress management techniques.
Learn more about getting the right care and managing your pain at Painaustralia.