Support at home
Get practical help to continue living independently in your home and find social companionship when you have a chronic illness.
Getting support at home with your daily needs can help you live independently at home.
Types of help include:
- Meals on Wheels delivers nutritious meals to your home, and also offers wellness checks and companionship
- My Aged Care can help with cleaning, preparing meals, home modifications and personal care to older people
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) offers home help, personal care and home modifications for people with disability
- Veterans’ Home Care helps veterans with cleaning, washing and ironing, personal care and home modifications.
Living with a chronic illness can be isolating. The Red Cross companionship and social support program connects you to your community through:
- in-home visits
- outings to cafes, sporting events and other places of interest
- social phone calls
- taking part in community interest groups.