What the Snowy Mountains offer
The Snowy Mountains precinct covers 4,879 hectares. The precinct will focus on housing supply, aligned with the government’s priorities, to address housing shortages and diversity in Jindabyne while preserving and maintaining the important environmental and heritage values of the Snowy Mountains.
Click to enlarge: Snowy Mountains Special Activation Precinct Map (PDF 1.02MB)
Gross Regional Product (NIEIR, 2019)
By car to Sydney
Snowy Mountains Special Activation Precinct area
Industry and employment opportunities
Projects identified for delivery in the Snowy Mountains precinct final master plan, will be prioritised based on funding and the future needs of the community, residents and tourists to Jindabyne and the Snowy Mountains region.
The NSW Government will work closely with key stakeholders to define which projects will be prioritised and will update the community as soon as possible.
Delivery process and next steps
The Special Activation Precinct model supports streamlined development approvals and business concierge support. This gives investors the confidence to relocate, establish operations, and attract skilled workers.
- The Snowy Mountains precinct is now in the delivery phase, led by the Regional Growth NSW Development Corporation
- Further scoping studies will be undertaken as part of the delivery process
- Work is underway on the Delivery Plan and Development Control Plans that will provide the blueprint for how works will roll-out
- The Delivery Plan and Development Control Plans are currently on exhibition. To have your say please visit www.planning.nsw.gov.au/snowymountainssap.
- For more information on our progress, review the latest project updates
The Snowy Mountains announced as a Special Activation Precinct
June – August 2021
Draft master plan exhibited along with technical studies, including an amendment to the State Environmental Planning Policy (Precincts – Regional) 2021
Finalised master plan and Precincts Regional SEPP 2021
Work on delivery plan and development control plans underway
NSW Government confirms $196.3 million to deliver the precinct
Delivery Plan and Development Control Plans on public exhibition and open for feedback
Contact us about our Snowy Mountains precinct
Find out more about our Special Activation Precincts, Regional Job Precincts, Regional Growth NSW Development Corporation, and the Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund.
Our other Special Activation Precincts
Our goals and vision for Special Activation Precincts