Sludge-a-thon 2022 – Apply today!
Are you passionate about improving the customer experience of NSW Government services?
The sludge-a-thon is an exciting opportunity to improve customer experience by eliminating sludge from government processes and services.
This year, teams across the NSW government are invited to come together to rapidly develop solutions to transform the customer experience.
Any team in NSW Government can nominate a process they own that they’d like to improve at the sludge-a-thon.
These improvements will save customers time and effort. Not only that, but teams will also learn valuable skills they can apply to continue to improve the customer experience.
- Expressions of interest are open, so submit yours today or get in touch with us to find out more.
What will I get out of the sludge-a-thon?
The NSW Behavioural Insights Unit’s ‘sludge-a-thon’ is an opportunity to make a difference for your customers. You will learn about and practically apply the sludge audit method to spot sludge and learn how to use behavioural insights to eliminate it.
You’ll learn from experts and walk away with a prototype and implementation plan for your improved process. You will be ready to make a big, positive, impact for your customers.
It all kicks off with a workshop where you’ll learn:
- how to use the sludge audit tool to conduct a sludge audit
- how to present and analyse results
- key insights to consider when prioritising frictions
Then, over a month you’ll get dedicated support from the NSW Behavioural Insights Unit. We will show you how to use the tool on your process and identify the sludge you’ll be eliminating.
With your sludge identified, it’s time for 2 action packed days of intensive solution building. Across the 2 days, you will:
- receive expert assistance on how to apply behavioural insights to the friction you’ve prioritised
- move through structured design sprints to build innovative solutions to bust sludge
- rapidly learn about behavioural insights in a behavioural insights immersion
- walk away with a prototype and an action plan to implement for impact
How to apply
Anyone working in NSW Government, who wants to improve their customers’ experience by removing sludge from a process customers interact with, can apply
Select a process
Select a process that you and your team want to improve.
Gain approval from your manager to participate and gather a team to participate.
Complete the online application form to apply.
Questions and contact us
Book in to attend an information session to learn about the sludge-a-thon or about how you can bust sludge for your customers
Two sessions are available:
- Thursday 17 March, 12pm
- Tuesday 22 March, 12pm
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to be part of the sludge-a-thon today!