4. Who does this policy not apply to
This policy does not apply to:
- people who have received services from an agency and want to make a complaint about those services
- people, such as contractors, who provide services to an agency but do not exercise functions of the agency. For example, employees of a company that sold computer software to an agency and employees of contracted cleaning or security services.
This means that if you are not a public official, this policy does not apply to your complaint (there are some circumstances where a complaint can be deemed to be a voluntary PID, see the Deeming that a report is a voluntary PID section of this policy for more information). However, you can still make a complaint to DCS or other agencies covered by this policy.
- to make a complaint to DCS please refer to the complaints page of the DCS website
- to make a complaint to any other agency covered by this policy, please refer to the complaints page of that agency’s website.