Kick start your career at the Premier's Department
Entry-level roles and key employment programs empower students, graduates and aspiring leaders to thrive at work.
The Premier's Department offers entry-level programs and pathway opportunities to help people start a career with the department. This includes programs such as CareerTrackers, which offers 12 week internships to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander university students, and the NSW Government Graduate Program, which involves placements in different roles across NSW Government over 18 months.
The Premier's Department offers a whole range of programs including capability courses, internships, formal studies, coaching, mentoring, acting-up opportunities, and secondments.
You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to invest in yourself to drive big ideas. Some of our key programs include:
- Jawun Secondment Program.
- A six week secondment with partner Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander partner in urban and rural communities.
- NSW Leadership Academy.
- The Leadership Academy delivers trusted leadership development programs that transform the individual and their teams to deliver benefits for the people of NSW.
- NSW Government Graduate Program.
- A cross-sector graduate program offering 18 months’ experience across various NSW Government agencies and a formal qualification.
- Internship programs.
- Internship placements through CareerTrackers Indigenous Internships and the Australian Network on Disability Stepping Into program.