Bushfire Industry Recovery Package
The NSW Government’s Bushfire Industry Recovery Package (BIRP) was established in April 2020 to provide immediate financial assistance and support to targeted primary industries that were significantly impacted by the 2019/20 bushfires.
Economic analysis, bushfire recovery plans and local consultation identified six critical industries for targeted support.
These industries were recognised as key drivers for economic activity and critical to support the broader economic and social recovery for bushfire affected regions.
Up to $140 million in BIRP funding has been invested to support the immediate, medium and long term recovery of regional NSW’s primary industries through:
BIRP Supply Chain Support Grants
The NSW Government has provided 492 Supply Chain Support Grants totalling $66 million as direct financial assistance to businesses recovering from devastating losses due to the fires. This assistance will in turn also help the broader, related supporting industries remain viable.
Grants are now closed.
BIRP Sector Development Grant
The BIRP Sector Development Grants were designed to support projects that increase value-added production, support supply-chain efficiencies, product diversification and market expansion in the six targeted industries.
In total, over $73 million has been committed to 52 Sector Development Grants, 50 of which are co-funded with the Australian Government and delivered under the Bushfire Local Economic Recovery (BLER) Package.
Grants are now closed.
BIRP Supply Chain Support Grants:
Expressions of Interest open: 19 May 2020
Expressions of Interest close: 5.00pm (AEDT) 12 June 2020.
BIRP Sector Development Grants:
Applications open: 19 May 2020
Applications close: 17 July 2020
The following resources and tools are available to support applicants with their submissions. Detailed information about eligibility, funding categories and how to apply can be found in the grant guidelines for each stream.
- BIRP Supply Chain Support Grants Guidelines (PDF 4.53MB) (PDF, 4.53 MB)
- Fact sheet: BIRP Supply Chain Support Forestry Grant (PDF, 126KB)
- Fact sheet: BIRP Supply Chain Support Dairy Grant (PDF, 114KB)
- Fact sheet: BIRP Supply Chain Support Apiculture Grant (PDF, 104KB)
- Fact sheet: BIRP Supply Chain Support Horticulture Grant (PDF, 111KB)
- Fact sheet: BIRP Supply Chain Support Viticulture Grant (PDF, 110KB)
- Fact sheet: BIRP Supply Chain Support Aquaculture Grant (PDF, 103KB)
- BIRP Sector Development Guidelines (PDF 7.27MB)