2020 NSW Women of the Year Awards
Inspirational women from across the state have been recognised for their achievements at the annual NSW Women of the Year Awards.
Now in its ninth year, the awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding contribution made by women across NSW to industry, communities and society.
2020 NSW Women of the Year Award winners
- Premier’s Award for Woman of the Year – Professor Maria Kavallaris AM
- Aboriginal Woman of the Year – Kirli Saunders
- Rex Airlines Regional Woman of the Year – Krystaal Hinds
- First State Super Lifetime Achievement Award – Christine Strachan
- Harvey Norman Young Woman of the Year – Hannah Beder
- Community Hero Award – Justine Lorenz
- NSW Business Woman of the Year – Anneke van den Broek
Internationally renowned scientist Professor Maria Kavallaris AM won the 2020 NSW Premier’s Woman of the Year for her groundbreaking research on effective therapies for aggressive childhood cancers.
Prof. Kavallaris accepted the award from Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Minister for Women Bronnie Taylor at an awards ceremony held in Sydney.
Minister for Women Bronnie Taylor said the 2020 awards program attracted an unprecedented number of nominations and more than 7000 votes in the publicly decided categories.
“Be it science, industry, business or community, every part of NSW has benefited from the outstanding contributions made by women,” Mrs Taylor said.