New South Windsor Flood Recovery Centre
A dedicated Recovery Centre will open its doors in South Windsor for the first time today, providing face-to-face support for locals affected by the current flood event.
Minister for Western Sydney Stuart Ayres said the Recovery Centre would assist communities transition from response into clean-up and recovery.
“A range of NSW Government agencies, community organisations and welfare bodies will work from the Recovery Centre to assist anyone who has been impacted by the recordbreaking flooding,” Mr Ayres said.
“Whether it be receiving clean-up help, replacing lost documents or requesting short-term accommodation, I encourage everyone across the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley to take advantage of this assistance.”
Minister for Emergency Services and Resilience and Minister for Flood Recovery Steph Cooke said the Recovery Centre is open seven days a week and will support individuals, families, farmers and business owners to find the various forms of practical support available.
“We will work with local communities and councils to progressively build on the services offered at the Resilience NSW operated Recovery Centres, and their doors will stay open for as long as the community needs,” Ms Cooke said.
Member for Hawkesbury Robyn Preston said the flooding experienced in Windsor and the surrounding towns was over one metre higher than the March 2021 flood event.
“We have a big recovery effort ahead of us and it’s fantastic to have a mass mobilisation of resources including personnel from the Rural Fire Service, State Emergency Service, Public Works Advisory, Resilience NSW, NSW Police Force and Australian Defence Force to help with the damage assessments and clean-up,” Ms Preston said.
Recovery Centres are currently operating at:
- Ballina: Ballina Surf Club, Lighthouse Beach Parade, East Ballina
- Casino: Casino Community and Cultural Centre, 35 Walker Street, Casino
- Grafton: Old St George Bank, 32 Prince Street, Grafton
- Kyogle: Kyogle Memorial Institute, 131 Summerland Way, Kyogle
- Lismore: V Block, Southern Cross University, Military Road, East Lismore
- Mullumbimby: 55 Dalley Street, Mullumbimby
- Murwillumbah: Murwillumbah Civic Centre Auditorium, 10-14 Tumbulgum Road, Murwillumbah
- South Windsor: South Windsor Family Centre, 6 Greenhills Way, South Windsor.
Resilience NSW will establish a Recovery Centre in Wisemans Ferry shortly.
For those wanting to be assisted remotely, Service NSW is operating as an online one stop shop, with customer care specialists also available on the phone via 13 77 88.