Request access to information under the GIPA Act

To access NSW government information, you'll need to submit a request to the relevant department. Find the contact details you need.

On this page

NSW Government GIPA applications

Under the Government Information Public Access (GIPA) Act 2009, you can apply for access to government information.

Use the Directory of GIPA Contacts for further information about how to lodge a GIPA application with the relevant department. 


GIPA contact numbers

Cabinet Office(02) 9228 5871
Communities and Justice &
Family and Community Services (FACS)
(02) 9716 2662
Customer Service(02) 9219 3700
Education                    (02) 7814 3525 
Health(02) 9391 9000
NSW Police(02) 8835 6888
Planning and Environment(02) 9860 1440
Premier's Department(02) 9228 5871
Sydney Water02 8849 6834
Transport for NSW

(02) 9549 9904 
Option 4


Local council GIPA applications

If you want to lodge a GIPA application with a local council, you will need to contact the relevant local council directly.

Top of page