Skip to main content

Name changes and corrections

Request changes or corrections to the information on a registration or certificate issued by the Registry.

Change of name

We record official changes of name in NSW for adults and children (aged under 18 years). A name change includes amending any part of a name. 

Replace certificates after a change of name

If your change of name was completed in NSW after 1 April 1996, you can apply for a replacement certificate.

Correct an entry

Apply to correct an error on your certificate.

Change of sex

If you have had a sex affirmation procedure you can apply to register your sex as male, female or non-specific.

Add a parent to a birth registration

You can apply to add a parent’s details to a child’s birth registration that occurred in New South Wales. 

Top of page