About this location
The history of Cowra is marked by stories of the military and migrants from World War Two. Between 1940 and the end of the war, the Cowra Military Camp trained some 80,000 military personnel. After World War Two, the camp became home to between 17,000 and 19,000 new Australians in the form of the Cowra Migrant Camp. Whilst the campsite itself, on the eastern side of town, is now private land, a memorial has been erected in honour of the migrant families of Cowra in Europa Park, east of Cowra on the Sydney Road. There is also a memorial on Military Parade to mark the location of the Military Camp.
Military Parade, Cowra NSW 2794
- Free entry
- Welcomes people with access needs, contact venue/organiser for details
- Car park