Privacy, information access, funding feedback, complaints - Create NSW
How does Create NSW handle your privacy and information when you’re applying for funding, or using Create NSW programs or web pages? How do you access government information (GIPA)? How do you get feedback on a funding application? Make a complaint? Report misconduct? Find out here.
Create NSW follows the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
This Act sets the rules for how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information.
Personal information we collect
We collect the minimum personal information we need from you to provide our programs and services. For example, we may collect your personal information when you:
- Apply for funding or recognition
- Subscribe to our newsletter or updates
- Give us feedback or make a complaint
- Request information from us
- Participate in our surveys or consultations.
The personal information we collect may include:
- Your name, phone number, email address, street/postal address, and website
- If you are applying on behalf of an organisation, we may also collect your organisation’s ABN, name and contact details of your organisation’s Chair, members of the Governing Board (including name, position and time served), members of key staff in your organisation (including name, position and time employed)
- If you are applying for targeted support, we may also collect information about your priority area, such as your cultural background, disability status, or regional location.
We only collect your personal information with your consent. You don’t have to give us your personal information, but if you don’t, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
We also ask you to make sure that anyone whose personal information you provide us with knows that you are giving it to us and how we will use it.
How we use it
We use your personal information to:
- Process your application for funding or recognition
- Contact you about our services or programs
- Evaluate our services or programs
- Improve our website or services
We may share your personal information with:
- Consultants and contractors who help us assess your application or provide our services. We only share your personal information with them when it is necessary and we make sure they follow the privacy law.
- The Minister for the Arts who may want to know about the applications we receive and the outcomes we achieve.
- The public who may be interested in the projects we fund or recognise. We publish the names of successful applicants, suburb of postal address, amount of funding or recognition they receive, and a brief description of their projects on our web pages.
We don’t share your personal information with anyone else unless you agree or we have to by law.
How we store and protect personal information
We store your personal information securely. We use a password-protected database to keep your personal information safe. We take reasonable steps to prevent your personal information from being lost, misused, accessed without permission, changed or disclosed.
How to access/update your personal information
You have the right to access and update your personal information at any time. You can also ask us to correct any mistakes or delete any information that is no longer needed.
In relation to funding applications - you can access and update your personal information online through Smartygrants before you submit your application.
You can also contact us by email at email@example.com after you submit your application.
How to access information under GIPA
You can request to access information from Create NSW such as policies, procedures, reports, or statistics.
You can access this information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. This Act gives you the right to request any information we have unless there is a good reason not to give it to you.
As Create NSW is a group within Department of Enterprise, see details for this at Department of Enterprise - Access to Information Policy
What we publish under GIPA
Create NSW is required to publish a range of information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, including information about government contracts.
To find out more about our policies, our agency’s publication guide, a disclosure log of information applications, details of information not disclosed to the public and our register of government contracts see: How can I access Department of Enterprise, Investment and Trade information?
Create NSW web information
As a government group, Create NSW web pages, including grants information, are published on nsw.gov.au However when you are completing an application for funding, you will be taken to the SmartyGrants website.
Read about copyright, accessibility, and the site disclaimer on this nsw.gov.au website:
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other external websites that are linked to our web pages.
Feedback or complaints for funding applicants
After you are advised of the outcome of your application you may request feedback from Create NSW. See contact us below.
By submitting an application to the Arts and Cultural Funding Program you accept the conditions and assessment process set out in these guidelines.
Funding decisions are final and can only be appealed on grounds of probity.
If you believe that the published assessment process has not been followed for your application, please put your concern in writing and send it to
Create NSW, Level 7, 52 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000.
If there is sufficient evidence to support an appeal on probity grounds, the appeal will be considered by a panel of independent members, chaired by an executive of the NSW Government not involved in the original process.
Reporting fraud, corruption and misconduct
The Department of Enterprise, Investment and Trade Integrity Hotline makes reporting instances of misconduct or wrongdoing a simple process. It’s available 24/7 to raise a concern and you have the option to remain anonymous.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your privacy and information, or about a funding decision, please contact us at:
Create NSW, Level 7, 52 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 2 9228 4578 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org