Get Ready Community Award
NSW Reconstruction Authority
The NSW Reconstruction Authority was established in December 2022 and is dedicated to disaster preparedness, recovery and reconstruction.
The NSW Government is working to transition Resilience NSW’s functions, staff and budgets to maximise the government’s response and recovery capability.
Nominations for the NSW Government Get Ready Community Award 2022 are now closed.
This Award recognises and celebrates the work communities do to prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
Faced with COVID-19, a mouse plague, unprecedented flooding and ongoing bushfire recovery, the communities of NSW have shown incredible resilience.
Community-led initiatives that help people prepare for and recover from disasters are more important than ever.
This is a chance to share and celebrate the people and groups behind these initiatives and make sure important work doesn’t go unnoticed.
- Entries open: Monday 23 May 2022
- Entries close: Monday 25 July 2022
- Finalists notified: Thursday 25 August 2022
- Awards ceremony: October 2022 (TBC)
Any project or initiative that started after 1 January 2021 is eligible. Projects that are underway or finished can enter. Entries can be submitted by a local organisation on behalf of a community.
Your initiative or project must:
- begin on or after 1 January 2021
- be started, led and managed by a local community: a community being people from a particular locality, town or region, or a group of people with a common purpose
- show how members worked collaboratively to address a need or issue
- feature strong partnerships between people and groups across the community
- have strengthened the resilience of the local community through participation in planning, preparation, response and/or recovery.
Read the complete award guidelines here.
For more information or help with your nomination, email GetReadyNSW@resilience.nsw.gov.au