Recruitment program - GTOs
Learn about the NSW Government program to help GTOs recruit and refer students for pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship training.
This program funds Group Training Organisations (GTOs) to recruit, screen, induct and refer students for pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship training.
The program allows hundreds of NSW students to:
- learn about vocational choices and life in the workplace
- get support and advice from a GTO and Partner Provider about which pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship is suitable
- start training
- receive mentoring and assistance where needed and
- transition into a full apprenticeship or traineeship qualification.
It aims to increase the uptake of apprenticeships and traineeships in NSW, including specific opportunities for women and students.
Training Services NSW are the division of Department of Education that looks after the program.
Students eligible for pre-apprenticeship or pre-traineeship training include those who:
- have left school
- meet the Smart and Skilled student eligibility criteria to participate in the training.
Service providers and employers, see our:
Students, workers and jobseekers see Skills NSW
To search for GTOs in your area, see find a GTO in NSW