Wildlife licences

In NSW you need a licence for living or working with most native animals including keeping them as pets.

Type of licence

Related information

Protected native plant licences

Licensing helps regulate the cut-flower and whole-plant industries to sustainably harvest and cultivate protected native plants for sale.

Wildlife Management System

The Wildlife Management System is the Department of Planning and Environment's new online platform for services and transactions related to wildlife licensing.
Top of page