Book your ceremony
Find out how to book your wedding ceremony with us.
- The steps to follow are the same whether you want to book a registry wedding or a micro wedding
- To book your ceremony and venue you and your partner need to attend a marriage interview over the phone
- Submit your marriage documents before attending your interview
- Your ceremony date needs to be at least one calendar month after the lodgement of your Notice Of Intended Marriage form (NOIM).
How to book your ceremony
Check your eligibility
It's important to know who can get married in NSW before you book a marriage interview.
Learn more about what to know when getting married
Choose a wedding venue and tailor your day
Choose your favourite venue and create a booking request or wishlist.
You can send your preferred options to our team ready to discuss in your marriage interview.
Go to our venue pages to tailor your day.
It's ok if you can't decide which of our venues you would like to get married at, we can discuss options during your interview.
Book a marriage interview
You can only book your venue and ceremony time at a marriage interview.
Interviews are done over the phone.
Prepare and submit your marriage documents
Before attending your marriage interview, you’ll need to submit:
- a completed Application for a Registry Wedding (PDF 631.08KB)
- a completed Notice Of Intended Marriage form (NOIM) (PDF 883.06KB)
- copies of an official birth certificate or passport for you and your partner
- copies of other current photo ID, if passport not provided
If either person has been previously married, you’ll need to provide proof that the marriage has ended, such as a:
- divorce certificate, if divorced
- death certificate, if widowed
It's important to email us your documents and interview reference number before attending your marriage interview.
Attend your marriage interview
You and your partner are required to attend the interview and your marriage documents must be submitted prior.
During this time we’ll:
- Review your Notice Of Intended Marriage (NOIM) and identity documents
- Discuss options for your ceremony and book your venue
- Process payments for your NOIM lodgement and ceremony
If either person is not fluent in English, you will need to organise for an interpreter to be in attendance.
After your ceremony is booked
Once your ceremony is booked you can start planning your wedding day.
You'll need to arrange 2 witnesses for your ceremony, and you may choose to exchange rings, or read personal vows in addition to the legal vows.
Read more about what happens on the day of your Registry wedding or Micro wedding.
Support and contact
If you have any questions call us on 02 6885 9339 or email and we will happily guide you through the process.