Book your ceremony
A simple guide to arranging your ceremony with us.
What to know when getting married
It's important to know the details of who can get married in NSW before you book a marriage interview.
Book a marriage interview
A marriage interview is simply where our experienced marriage services team will guide you through the required process and assist you with planning and booking your perfect ceremony.
Prepare your marriage documents
Before attending your marriage interview, you’ll need to submit:
- a completed Application for a Registry Wedding (PDF, 795.75 KB)
- a completed Notice Of Intended Marriage form (NOIM) (PDF, 883.06 KB)
- copies of an official birth certificate or passport for both parties
- copies of other current photo ID, if passport not provided
If either person has been previously married, you’ll need to provide proof that the marriage has ended, such as a:
Submit your marriage documents
It's important to email us your documents and interview reference number before attending your marriage interview.
Attend your marriage interview
Both parties are required to attend the interview and your marriage documents must be submitted prior.
During this time we’ll:
- Review your Notice Of Intended Marriage (NOIM) and identity documents
- Discuss options for your ceremony
- Process payments for your NOIM lodgement and ceremony
If either party is not fluent in english, you will need to organise for an interpreter to be in attendance.
After your marriage interview
Once your ceremony is booked you can start planning your wedding day.
You will need to arrange 2 witnesses for your ceremony, and you may choose to exchange rings, or read personal vows in addition to the legal vows.