Support to apply for flood grants, loans or payments
Find information on how to prepare your grant application and who to contact if you need assistance.
Grants support sessions in the Riverina region
Get help with applying for flood grants at a support session in March.
Bookings are preferred and can be made through Service NSW.
Support session details
- Moama Bowling Club, 6 Shaw Street, Moama
- Monday 20 March from 11am to 6pm
- Deniliquin Town Hall, 170 Cressy Street, Deniliquin
- Tuesday 21 March from 11am to 6pm
- Moulamein Bowling Club, Endeavour Drive, Moulamein
- Wednesday 22 March from 11am to 6pm
For help finding support available to you
- Use the Disaster Assistance Finder to find support available to you.
- For face-to-face help, visit your local recovery centre.
- You can also call Service NSW on 13 77 88 for advice on the phone.
- Visit the Translating and Interpreting Service for help with translation online or on the phone.
Preparing your application
Prove your identity
Have licences, passports, birth certificates or other identity documents that show your full name.
If these were lost these in the floods, please read replacing documents and ID.
Show residency, tenancy or ownership
Proving your home address or business premises at the time of the flood is important. Documents that relate to leases, mortgages and bills, that show your address, can help demonstrate this.
Demonstrate the damage
Bring photos, written evidence or statements that demonstrate the loss or damage. Describe how the flood has impacted your home or business. Do not risk going back to your property to take photographs while the emergency is still active, however, or put yourself in any danger by attempting to take photographs.
What people and households need to supply
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application or you may already have one with your licences, registration and other details in it
- your full name, email address and phone number
- your proof of identity
- photo evidence of the direct damage to the inside and outside of your property (house, apartment or moveable dwelling such as caravan, motorhome, relocatable home, cabin or shipping container)
- details of any insurance policies that may apply
- the number of people in your household who need short-term accommodation
- evidence of your temporary accommodation booking (if you have 6 or more people in your household)
- your Australian bank account details for payment
- 1 document issued that shows the address of the impacted property such as a:
- council rates notice (if you own and live in the property)
- copy of the current rental agreement (if you rent the property)
- utility bill
- vehicle registration notice
- letter from Centrelink, the Australian Tax Office, Service NSW or Transport for NSW.
Note: we may contact you if additional information to support your application is required.
What businesses, farmers and organisations need to supply
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application or you may already have one
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN/ACN details
- evidence of your non-profit status (if applicable)
- details of any insurance policies
- your business banking details for payment.
Providing the information below can assist businesses to finalise their grant applications:
- submit your most recently lodged Australian income tax return, with tax file number redacted
- from that same income tax year, declare your aggregate business turnover and stipulate from which of the eligible LGAs it was located at
- submit a letter from a qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent that confirms you experienced a decline of 40% or more in turnover due to the flooding in March 2022, compared with March 2020 or 2021 (you may use our accountant's letter template)
- provide other supporting documents to demonstrate your eligibility.