Broken Hill Hospital public entrances reduced to one for COVID-19
The Thomas Street public entry at the Broken Hill Health Service will be closed as of 7am on Tuesday, 29 June 2021 as part of the Far West LHD's response to the latest COVID-19 public health order.
The one public entry can be accessed via the horseshoe drop off point, alongside the Emergency Department public entrance (which remains unchanged).
This entry will be open from 6am to 8pm. There will be a concierge (staff member) at the entry to screen visitors and advise of the visitor limits. The concierge will ask you if you are well and where you are going in the health service. Visitors will also be asked to use the hand wash basin outside the entry.
A temporary walkway from Thomas Street along the Hospital Road has also been created for the safety of visitors. The Hospital Road has been restricted to one way traffic, entry only from Thomas Street (exiting via Chloride Street). The health service urges everyone to use this space with care and for drivers to obey all traffic directions and speed limits.
Other changes to visitor arrangements at Broken Hill Health Service were implemented on 27 June 2021 and include:
- Reduced visiting hours: 10am-12pm and 5pm-7pm;
- ONLY two (2) visitors per patient PER DAY at any one time, limit of one (1) hour visit duration; visits should be confined to the patient's room;
- Special visitor arrangements may be negotiated for extenuating circumstances such as for palliative care and obstetrics;
- All visitors MUST wear a mask at all times. When a visitor does not have a mask, we will endeavour to provide one. To help the health service in the management of its supply of mask for use by staff and patients, people are asked to bring their own when visiting.
- Visitors are asked to attend the health services only for essential business.
- NO visitors are permitted from Greater Sydney (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour).Ã¢â‚¬â€¹
- Takeaway food from the BHHS Kiosk only. Please use the exterior serving window.
The Far West LHD is adhering to these measures for the protection of patients and staff, particularly patients who are acutely unwell. Further information about the current public health orders can be found here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/COVID-19-restrictions-extended-nsw