Statement - COVID-19 Precautions and Melbourne Warning
The Far West Local Health District wishes to remind the public that precautions implemented at its facilities to combat the COVID-19 pandemic remain in place. These precautions include screening all visitors, as well as staff, with temperature testing and asking if they have any flu-like symptoms and have been in contact with a suspected COVID-19 case.
However, in light of the COVID-19 outbreaks in Melbourne, each facility is also now asking all visitors to declare if they been to Melbourne in the last 14 days. Anyone answering yes, unless they are presenting for treatment, will be asked not to visit any clinical areas in the facility (including patient areas, acute wards and outpatient areas). If they have flu-like symptoms, they will be referred to that facility's designated COVID-19 area for assessment.
In line with the advice of the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) and NSW Health, the Far West LHD strongly discourages travel to and from areas of Melbourne with COVID-19 outbreaks until control of community transmission has been contained.
Anyone who returns from Melbourne in general and the hotspots in particular, including NSW residents, should not attend aged care facilities, hospitals, or other settings with vulnerable people, and should avoid gatherings outside of their immediate household for a period of 14 days.
The public are also reminded if they are unwell and/or symptomatic and wish to attend the facility's Emergency Department, can they please ring ahead and alert staff so that the proper COVID-19 precautions for the patient and staff are followed.
Anyone can attend for COVID-19 assessment and testing at any FWLHD facility, including:
- Balranald COVID-19 drive through clinic each weekday afternoon (1pm to 4pm) for people who meet the criteria for screening. No appointment is necessary and patients can remain in their vehicle whilst screening occurs.
- Broken Hill drive through clinic located in the carpark of the BH Community Health Centre (Sulphide Street) and operates 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday. Street.
- COVID-19 Clinic at the Broken Hill Health Service in Thomas Street. This clinic is open 7 days, from 10am to 8pm.
- Drive through clinics in Wentworth area:
- Wentworth June 30 and July 7 - Wentworth Hospital (front entrance)
- Dareton July 1 - Dareton Library car park (Millie St)
- Buronga/Gol Gol July 9 - Midway Centre.
If you have any questions or concerns you can call the National COVID 19 Call Centre on +61 1800 020 080. For any Public Health related issues contact +61 1300 066 055.