The assistance includes a Make Safe package for affected properties and a Loose Fill Asbestos Insulation taskforce.
The package provides:
- financial support for sealing cavities
- environmental cleaning of habitable areas
- hazard labelling and regular inspections
- support for counselling services
- assistance towards replacing furnishings
- emergency accommodation.
The taskforce will advise the government on the most appropriate solution to loose-fill asbestos. It will also look at options that could include government purchase, demolition and owner rebuild.
Minister for Finance and Services Dominic Perrottet said the assistance aimed to protect NSW resident’s health and safety.