The striking new centre is on track to be finished by the end of next year, and has already attracted more than 20 global events.
ICC Sydney is at the heart of the NSW Government’s $3.4 billion Darling Harbour revitalisation and will feature:
- Three tiered theatres capable of hosting major conventions at the same time, the biggest with seating for 8,000 delegates.
- Australia’s largest ballroom on the top floor with magnificent water and city views.
- A red carpet arrival area.
Mr Constance said the vibrant waterfront at Darling Harbour would ensure international delegates have an unmatched visitor experience.
“This is the biggest and most exciting change to Darling Harbour in 25 years,” he said.
“ICC Sydney will reinstate Sydney as the one of the world’s premier business events destinations, boosting the economy by at least $200 million each year.”
The redevelopment of Darling Harbour also includes:
- A 5-star luxury hotel with around 600 rooms.
- Reinvigorated and expanded public spaces.
- Darling Square - a new city neighbourhood with offices, residential, student housing, public car parking and retail.