Regional Growth Fund
Councils, industry and community organisations in regional NSW are encouraged to apply for funding for their local infrastructure projects.
The $1.3 billion Regional Growth Fund includes:
- Growing Local Economies – unlocking the economic potential of regional towns and cities and creating jobs
- Regional Sports Infrastructure – supporting participation and high achievement for regional sporting communities
- Connecting Country Communities – improving telecommunication connectivity in regional NSW to drive economic growth
- Resources for Regions – delivering infrastructure and community requirements in mining affected communities
- Stronger Country Communities – investing in projects that improve local amenities for residents, such as upgrades to local parks, community centres and playgrounds
- Regional Cultural Fund – building and upgrading arts and cultural venues including art galleries, libraries, performance spaces and cultural centres
Applications are currently being assessed for the $300 million Regional Growth - Environment and Tourism Fund, which invests in environmental assets, tourism infrastructure and attractions to drive greater visitation and spend across regional NSW.
Deputy Premier John Barilaro said the funding would help deliver the government’s Regional Development Framework to ensure all regional residents had access to the same infrastructure and services as people in the city.
“We’re creating jobs, boosting tourism, and supporting communities by building and fixing the things that matter most to them and wherever possible, that work will go to local tradies,” Mr Barilaro said.