Under the new restrictions:
- parents and caretakers can enter school grounds with COVID Safe measures in place
- parents and caretakers can attend school sporting events. School sports should meet community sporting competitions and training activities requirements.
- singing groups will have no upper capacity limit. This includes for singing activities, group repetition, chanting and recitation. Five metres of distance is recommended between performers and the audience.
- dancing activities including dance classes, balls, formals and social events can go ahead. Organisers must select venues with adequate floor space to comply with the square metre rules
- gatherings with parents, caretakers, and community members for school events can continue, including P&C meetings.
Health Minister Brad Hazzard has thanked school communities for following the health advice.
“NSW started its vaccine rollout and we have been able to ease restrictions, including in schools, which is a terrific achievement,” Mr Hazzard said.
“However, the pandemic is not over yet. We still need principals, teachers, parents and students to continue to follow the health advice while at the same time enabling parents to support their children’s studies.”
Teachers, parents and students are reminded to stay at home if feeling unwell and monitor for any COVID-19 symptoms.
Stay up to date on the latest COVID-19 news.