Key job options
- Wait staff
- Bar staff
- Fruit picking and harvest jobs
- Crop harvesting
- Tourism and seasonal employment
What are the things you can do along the way?
- A gap year isn’t complete without an iconic road trip. Meander along the Legendary Pacific Coast, discover the Rainforest Way or head from Coast to Country.
- Stray off the beaten path and check out Yamba - a north coast treasure with world-famous surf breaks, perfect beaches and a town with the right amount of buzz.
- Adrenaline junkie? Head inland and learn to paraglide in Manilla, fly a glider at Lake Keepit Soaring Club near Tamworth or hang glide at Lennox Head
- Seeking a scenic adventure? Walk above the rainforest canopy in the World Heritage-listed Dorrigo National Park, bushwalk through untouched rainforests and bushland, go whitewater rafting in Buccarumbi
- Embrace your inner hippie and immerse yourself in the Hinterland town of Mullumbimby. The hills around Mullumbimby are alive with all sorts of escapes and bushwalking trails - pick up some fresh produce and local wares at the weekly farmers market or time your visit with the biennial Mullum Circus Festival.
- Enrich your gap year experience and immerse yourself in the customs and traditions of the traditional landowners. From traditional foods, ceremonies, art galleries and exhibitions, to walking tours with an Aboriginal guide, the Mid and North Coasts are teeming with the richness of Aboriginal culture.
- Fancy yourself a foodie? Head south west for a few days in the Hunter Valley to experience award winning food and wine, or to Eungai Creek Buffalo on the Mid North Coast, to sample the world-class dairy products produced at this working farm for four decades.
- Don’t forget the culture! Armidale boasts the New England Regional Art Museum, one of the best regional art galleries in NSW. Be sure to sample a local craft beer brew or two at one of the famous New England breweries!
- Go BIG. Grab a selfie at the Big Banana, Big Avocado, Big Prawn, Big Bull or the Big Knight.