The Greyhound Racing Act 2017 has resulted in significant changes in the greyhound racing industry, including:
- higher standards for greyhound welfare
- introduction of the Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission
- enhanced registration of greyhounds, clubs, trial tracks and participants
- strengthened offences, penalties and disciplinary powers.
The review is to ensure the Act is appropriate to uphold high standards of animal welfare and support the economic sustainability of the greyhound racing industry and its governing bodies.
The review is a mandatory requirement of NSW Government under the Act. It does not include consideration of a greyhound racing ban.
How to have your say
You are invited to share your views about the effectiveness of the Act and changes you’ve seen in the industry since 2017, by completing either:
- a short survey (5 minutes)
- a detailed survey (20 minutes) – please read the Discussion Paper (PDF, 918 KB) for more details about the Act and the regulation of greyhound racing before you complete this survey.
We will also accept feedback on the Act by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Office of Racing | Greyhound Racing Act 2017 Review | GPO Box 7060 | Sydney NSW 2001
Please share your views by 11:59pm Wednesday 26 August 2020.
All submissions will be used to inform a summary report. All submissions will remain anonymous unless you agree otherwise.
If you’d prefer not to provide feedback but want to be updated on the outcome on the review, please subscribe.