Getting parenting, emotional and legal support
When raising young children, there are services that can provide parenting information and advice, as well as emotional and legal support.
Raising young children can be both an exciting and challenging time. Every child is different, and your child's needs and behaviour will change over time.
There are many resources and support services available to help parents and carers cope with the practical and emotional challenges of parenting a young child, including:
- parenting support for information and support services for your child’s health and development, as well as support for parents
- mental health and emotional support for information and support services to help with mental wellbeing of parents and children, as well as with family relationships
- parenting programs and courses to help you gain practical skills and confidence
- additional support for non parent carers
- counselling, support services and referrals for those experiencing family or domestic violence
- legal support for family related legal issues.