Learn about financial support to help with kids activities and cost of living expenses.
The First Lap program provides a $100 voucher for parents and carers of eligible children aged 3 to 6 to use on learn to swim classes.
The swimming lessons need to be with an approved First Lap provider and be:
- a structured and supervised program
- given by a swimming teacher
- in a swimming pool
- a program of at least 5 lessons.
Help with bills
There are allowances, discounts and rebates for those eligible families that help lower the cost of living, including:
- Telephone Allowance – a payment made every 3 months to help with phone and internet costs if you’re getting the Parenting Payment and meet certain criteria
- Energy Supplement – an extra payment to help with the cost of energy bills if you get the Parenting Payment or Carer Payment. You’ll get this payment automatically if you’re eligible, so you don’t have to apply.
You can also use the Savings Finder from Service NSW to check your eligibility for other rebates and vouchers.