Managing your money
Having children can mean extra expenses. Information to help you manage your money.
Create a budget
Budgeting is a practical way to see where you spend your money, and can help to:
- get a clearer picture of your overall financial position
- prepare you for unexpected or large expenses, and
- identify areas where you can cut back spending and save money.
Learn more about creating and sticking to a budget at Moneysmart.
Get financial advice
You can get professional financial help for your individual situation at:
- Financial Information Service from Services Australia – information to help you plan for your financial future
- National Debt Helpline – call 1800 007 007 for free, independent and confidential financial counselling.