Adopting a healthier lifestyle
Find out what changes you can make to your lifestyle to increase your chances of a healthy pregnancy.
Making changes for a healthier lifestyle can improve your fertility. You can improve your overall health before you are pregnant by:
- eating a healthy diet
- exercising regularly
- reducing or quitting cigarettes, alcohol and other drugs.
You can find information and support to adopt a healthier lifestyle at:
- NSW Health– resources to help you plan a healthy pregnancy
- NSW Get Healthy Service– call 1300 806 258 for free telephone health coaching to help you get healthy before, during and after pregnancy
- iCanQuit– online resources to help you quit smoking permanently, or call the Quitline on 13 78 48
- Your Room – treatment and support services for alcohol and other drugs.