Getting financial support
Financial support when you've had a baby can include family assistance payments and savings on health care, early childhood education and living expenses.
There are family assistance payments that can help with the living expenses associated with raising a family.
There are also concession cards and rebates, depending on your personal circumstances.
If eligible, you may be able to get:
- a family assistance payment, such as the Parenting Payment
- help with the cost of early childhood education and care
- a concession or health care card to lower the costs of health care and medication
- help to lower the cost of living
- assistance with the cost of rent or access to more affordable housing.