Support for those experiencing family or domestic violence
If you're experiencing family or domestic violence, there are support services that can help.
Counselling, referrals and support services
- Domestic Violence helpline on 1800 656 463 for 24-hour counselling, advice and referrals to support services and shelters
- 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 for 24-hour confidential information, counselling and support services. They have also created the Daisy app to connect people experiencing violence or abuse to services in their local area
- Victims Services provides a Victims Access Line on 1800 633 063 for support services, counselling and financial support packages. They also have a dedicated Aboriginal Contact Line on 1800 019 123
- Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Program on 1800 938 227 provides information, advocacy and referrals to support women going through the court process
- No to Violence on 1300 766 491 offers information and counselling to help men who commit family violence