Getting parenting, emotional and legal support
Information on where to access services that can provide parenting information and advice, as well as emotional and legal support.
Having a baby is a time of great change both physically and emotionally. There will also be things you need to learn about looking after your child.
There are resources and support services to help expectant and new parents cope with the practical and emotional challenges of having and raising a baby, including:
- parenting support for information and support services for your baby’s health and development, as well as support for parents
- mental health and emotional support for information and support services to help with mental wellbeing, family relationships, as well as support if you’ve lost a baby
- where to find a mothers’ group, dads’ group or playgroup
- parenting programs and courses to help you gain practical skills and confidence
- additional support for non parent carers
- counselling, support services and referrals for those experiencing family or domestic violence
- legal support for family related legal issues.