Getting NDIS support
Children under 7 can get NDIS support without a diagnosis through the NDIS early childhood early intervention approach. Learn how the NDIS works.
Children under 7 do not need a diagnosis to get support from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Your child is eligible for the NDIS early childhood early intervention approach if they have a:
- significant and permanent disability
- developmental delay.
How the NDIS works
You can contact the NDIS directly, or you might be referred by your:
- child and family health nurse
- preschool or child care centre.
You’ll meet with an NDIS early childhood partner who can:
- help you identify what support your child needs
- refer you to services and support in your area
- help you find short term early interventions, such as speech therapy.
If your child needs longer term support, you can request NDIS access.
Learn more about how the NDIS process works at the National Disability Insurance Scheme.