Keeping track of your child's health and development
Information to support your child's development and encourage healthy habits.
Need an interpreter?
Talk to your health practitioner if you're deaf or do not speak English as a first language. They can organise for a free, confidential and professional interpreter when you need to use a public health service.
Keeping up to date on your child's routine health checks and tests can help you:
- monitor their growth and development
- detect any health or development issues early
- get treatment and access to support services as soon as possible.
Throughout your child’s early years, it’s important to:
- attend regular health checks, even if your child seems well
- be aware of key development milestones and how to support your child’s development
- keep up to date with vaccinations
- encourage healthy lifestyle and dental habits
- be aware of the Out of Home Care Health Pathway program if you care for a child in out of home care.