My Community Project
Do you have an idea to improve your community?
For the first time, you will be able to put forward ideas for community projects and vote for the best ideas in your area. The projects that get the most votes will receive funding – up to $260,000 is available for your community.
Now is the time to start thinking about projects to benefit the community where you live. New playground equipment or sports facilities for the kids, paths or ramps to improve access, a community garden to reinvigorate an empty space – these are all things that can revitalise communities.
How does it work?
People and groups can participate in My Community Project as:
- Applicants – proposing a community project for funding (individuals)
- Project sponsors – supporting a local project proposed by someone in your community. A project sponsor must be an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation or other agency that is located within the project’s area (eligible groups)
- Voters – voting for the projects within your electorate that you’d like to see funded (individuals).
What projects are eligible?
Projects must benefit the local community and request funding between $20,000 and $200,000.
Projects must align with one or more of the six program categories:
- Accessible communities – makes everyday life more inclusive to all community members by increasing accessibility and mobility
- Cultural communities – adds to the cultural and artistic life of the community by increasing opportunities for residents to participate in arts and cultural activities
- Healthy communities – supports the community’s physical and mental wellbeing, by enabling healthy and active lifestyles
- Liveable communities – improves local amenity and environment
- Revitalising communities – fosters stronger community bonds, encourages social engagement and participation in public programs
- Safe communities – promotes a safe and secure community where people can participate and enjoy the benefits of community life.
How and when can I apply?
Project applications will open on 2 April 2019 and must be supported by a project sponsor. Project applications will close on 15 May 2019.
How do I vote for projects?
Voting will be open for four weeks from 15 July to 15 August 2019. Everyone living in NSW aged 16 years or older will be able to vote for the projects in their electorate.
My Community Project is made possible by the NSW Generations Fund, which helps keep the state’s debt at a sustainable level while sharing the benefit of its returns with the people of NSW to fund community projects.
Program guidelines and other resources will be available from 25 February 2019.
Get in touch with us at:
- Email: [email protected]