From 24 July 2020, new rules will be in place for businesses across the state:
- compliance measures introduced to pubs will be extended to restaurants, bars, cafés and clubs. This includes:
1. limiting group bookings to a maximum of 10 people
2. mandatory COVID-Safe plans and registration as a COVID-Safe business
3. provide digital records of customer visits within 24 hours.
- weddings and corporate events will be limited to 150 people and subject to the four square metre rule. Registration of all venues must be a COVID-Safe business. Higher risk activities including choirs and dancing will not be allowed
- funerals and places of worship will be limited to 100 people and subject to the four square metre rule. All venues must have a COVID-Safe business registration.
Businesses who do not comply with the public health orders will risk a fine or venue closure.
Current restrictions on gatherings will remain the same:
- 20 guests are allowed inside a home
- 20 guests are allowed to gather in a public place.
Minister for Customer Service Victor Dominello said inspectors will be regularly on the beat to enforce compliance.
“Businesses that aren’t serious about safety should not be in business. Those who disregard the restrictions should expect a visit from an inspector,” Mr Dominello said.
Register your COVID-Safe business.
Find the latest COVID-19 news and updates.