Building a lasting legacy for regional NSW
The NSW Government is turning its 20-year Economic Vision for Regional NSW into a reality, announcing five infrastructure priorities that will be funded by the $4.2 billion Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund.
Each priority is expected to transform regional communities, generating significant social and economic benefits for residents.
The five priority areas will focus on:
- water security in priority catchments
- reliable, high-speed internet
- improving passenger rail and road transport between regional centres and metropolitan areas
- freight linkages, including investigating an international air freight hub
- establishing special activation precincts to drive business investment and create jobs.
Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional NSW John Barilaro said the NSW Government's $4.2 billion commitment is a once-in-a-lifetime investment for regional NSW.
“These are big-picture projects that generations before us have dreamed of and generations that follow us will benefit from,” Mr Barilaro said.
“This fund will ensure regional NSW continues to receive the investment it needs to make our regions a great place to live, raise a family, start a business or visit.”