More train services for the Inner West and Western Sydney
As part of the More Trains, More Services program, the new train timetable will simplify the way the T1 and T2 lines operate and create additional capacity and reliability for customers.
Key improvements and changes to the lines include:
- more than 250 express trains every week between Parramatta and the Sydney CBD, including 20 express trains during peak hours
- a new direct link between the Inner West and Parramatta on the T2 Line on weekdays
- peak services every six minutes at many stations for T2 Inner West customers travelling to and from Sydney’s CBD
- T2 Inner West services at Harris Park, Granville, Clyde, Auburn, and Lidcombe during some periods of the day
- more services via the T2 Inner West for customers at Burwood, with direct access to Parramatta
- twice the number of late night services to and from the Sydney CBD to Penrith on the T1 Western Line.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the government was making it more convenient for customers to travel between Western Sydney, the Inner West and Sydney’s CBD.
“By simplifying and modernising parts of the network we are able to achieve far better services for customers,” Ms Berejiklian said.
Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Andrew Constance said the T1 and T2 are some of the busiest lines on the network.
“With total rail trips to and from Western Sydney set to grow by 20 per cent by the early 2020s, it’s critical we get on with it and act now,” Mr Constance said.
Learn more about the More Trains, More Services program