New Western Sydney retail centre to boost jobs, investment

Published: 7 Nov 2016

A new retail centre in Western Sydney Parklands will create more than 1000 local jobs and 500 construction jobs as well as generate more than $100 million of investment in Western Sydney.


The Eastern Creek Retail Centre will be built in four stages over a five-year period on the Great Western Highway between Rooty Hill Road South and the M7 motorway. Construction is likely to begin early in 2017.

The exclusive development rights were awarded to Frasers Property Australia through a competitive tender process. The new development is consistent with the provisions within the State Environmental Planning Policy (Western Sydney Parklands) 2009 and the adopted Plan of Management.

NSW Environment and Heritage Minister Mark Speakman said the Western Sydney Parklands Trust’s Plan of Management sets aside 2 per cent of the Parklands for business hubs to fund the remaining 98 per cent of the Parklands.

“By developing vacant land with low recreational and ecological value, Western Sydney Parklands Trust is generating funds to develop and manage the adjacent Bungarribee Park, expand the 1000-hectare biodiversity corridor and create more cycling and walking tracks for the community to enjoy.”

“The new retail centre will create a long-term income stream for Western Sydney Parklands Trust, that will allow the Trust to manage the remainder of the Parklands and deliver significant benefits to the Western Sydney community,” Mr Speakman said.

Learn more about the Eastern Creek Retail Centre.

Top of page