Specialist care for veterans and their families
The new Defence Force Centre of Excellence is part of the NSW Government’s upgrade of Sydney’s Concord Hospital.
Specialist services for veterans and their families at the new Defence Force Centre of Excellence include:
- substance and alcohol misuse programs
- mild traumatic brain injury services
- specialist pain management services
- rehabilitation services
- psychological wellbeing services
- family support services.
The Concord Hospital upgrade will also include:
- a new comprehensive cancer centre
- enhancement and co-location of the ANZAC clinical research centre
- additional inpatient capacity
- enhanced ambulatory services
- new ward accommodation for aged care, psychogeriatric and rehabilitation services
- associated rehabilitation facilities such as gymnasiums
The upgrades will be funded by $341 million in the 2017-18 NSW Budget.
Early and enabling works are due to begin in the second half of 2017.
Work will be managed carefully and in a staged way to minimise disruption to patients and staff and keep the hospital operating during construction.