Sydney Trains switched on mobile coverage for Sydney’s T4 Eastern Suburbs Line this week, completing the roll out of 18,000 metres of cabling in Sydney’s underground.
This means train travellers can stay connected with friends, family or work while they travel anywhere on Sydney Trains.
Minister for Transport Gladys Berejiklian said last year coverage went live in the City Circle and tunnels north to Chatswood.
“I am pleased we have now put an end to mobile phone dropouts for customers travelling south to Erskineville and east to Bondi Junction,” she said.
Receive the latest travel information
Sydney Trains has launched new line specific Twitter handles so customers can receive the latest travel information about services on their train line.
Follow Sydney Trains’ twitter updates here:
- North Shore, Northern and Western Line: @T1SydneyTrains
- Airport, Inner West and South Line: @T2SydneyTrains
- Bankstown Line: @T3SydneyTrains
- Eastern Suburbs and Illawarra Line: @T4SydneyTrains
- Cumberland Line: @T5SydneyTrains
- Carlingford Line: @T6SydneyTrains
- Olympic Park Line: @T7SydneyTrains
The mobile phone coverage project was undertaken with lead carrier Optus, along with Telstra and Vodafone.