Upgrades to the southern toll plaza precinct are almost complete, giving motorists a simpler and more direct journey across the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The works included:
- removal of the existing toll booths
- reconfiguring the intersection of York and Grosvenor streets
- installing new directional signs on the gantry
- new line markings
- adjusted road levels to realign the traffic and bus lanes
- moveable medians for smooth traffic flow.
Minor work will continue until May, including asphalting and installing new light poles to ensure a smoother journey and more consistent conditions.
Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight Melinda Pavey said with hundreds and thousands of motorists travelling across the Harbour Bridge every day, it was important to streamline traffic movements into the city and onto the Western Distributor.
“As with all significant changes, it may take some time for motorists to get used to the new lane alignment so people should allow extra travel time and take care as they drive on the newly upgraded road,” Mrs Pavey said