Two pop-up Recovery Centres will open to flood-affected communities on the Central Coast today.
Minister for Emergency Services and Resilience and Minister for Flood Recovery Steph Cooke said the Recovery Centres, located at Spencer and The Entrance, would assist communities transition from response into clean-up and recovery.
“Recovering after a flood event is an extremely emotional time and for many people, it’s difficult to know where to even begin,” Ms Cooke said.
“Whether it’s replacing damaged documents, receiving clean-up help, obtaining emergency accommodation or accessing mental health services, I encourage everyone in our flood-affected communities to visit a nearby Recovery Centre and access this multi-agency support.”
Parliamentary Secretary for the Central Coast Adam Crouch said moderate flooding has been recorded at Tuggerah Lake while major flooding remains current in the lower Hawkesbury River.
“An evacuation warning remains in place for over 500 people living at Spencer and Gunderman and the State Emergency Service is advising residents to take action now to prepare for the floodwaters,” Mr Crouch said.
“Establishing these two pop-up Recovery Centres will ensure that when residents begin to clean up and recover, services from a range of NSW Government agencies, community organisations and welfare bodies are accessible all under the one roof.”
Across NSW there are now 10 Recovery Centres operating at:
- Ballina: Ballina Surf Club, Lighthouse Beach Parade, East Ballina;
- Casino: Casino Community and Cultural Centre, 35 Walker Street, Casino;
- Grafton: Old St George Bank, 32 Prince Street, Grafton;
- Kyogle: Kyogle Memorial Institute, 131 Summerland Way, Kyogle;
- Lismore: V Block, Southern Cross University, Military Road, East Lismore;
- Mullumbimby: 55 Dalley Street, Mullumbimby;
- Murwillumbah: Murwillumbah Civic Centre Auditorium, 10-14 Tumbulgum Road, Murwillumbah;
- South Windsor: South Windsor Family Centre, 6 Greenhills Way, South Windsor;
- Spencer: Spencer Community Hall, 4776 Wisemans Ferry Road, Spencer; and
- The Entrance: Diggers at The Entrance, 315 The Entrance Rd, Long Jetty.
For those wanting to be assisted remotely, Service NSW is operating as an online one-stop shop, with Customer Care specialists also available on the phone via 13 77 88.