Harness Racing NSW
Harness Racing NSW is responsible for both commercial and regulatory functions of NSW harness racing.
These functions include:
- controlling, supervising and regulating harness racing in NSW
- registering harness racing clubs, horses, owners, trainers, jockeys and bookmakers , as well as other persons associated with harness racing
- allocating the dates that clubs may conduct harness racing meetings.
- initiating, developing and implementing policies that assist the promotion, strategic development and welfare of the harness racing industry in NSW
- distributing money received from commercial arrangements, as required by the Totalizator Act 1997
Harness Racing NSW is governed by a Board of five members appointed by the Minister for Better Regulation and Innovation.
Members are appointed following merit-based selection in accordance with the requirements of the Harness Racing Act 2009 and the Public Service Commission’s Appointments Standards for Boards and Committees in the NSW Public Sector.