We are improving the customer experience of NSW Government websites.
Our program of work aims to create a customer-centric digital experience based on customer needs.
Our whole-of-government website strategy will focus on creating better digital experiences for people in NSW by making it easier to:
- complete specific tasks online in fewer clicks on fewer websites or in less time
- find consistent information through search or by browsing customer-centric topics on one website
- voice their opinion on what the government is doing through a central channel.
As more content is published on nsw.gov.au, there will be fewer websites centred around the structure of government.
Instead, digital information, services and transactions will be organised by customer-centred topics on:
- the central NSW Government website for information
- the Service NSW website for services and transactions.
In some cases, information or agencies that meet certain criteria will maintain a separate digital presence.
In 2019, a review found more than 1000 NSW Government websites on 35 different content management systems.
The audit highlighted that the government could:
- create a better digital experience through consistent design, content and style
- find cost efficiencies by reducing unnecessary duplication of functionality.
As a result, the NSW Government Digital Channels team developed the nsw.gov.au website OneCX program.
Create a unified, customer-centric and innovative experience of NSW Government websites
We are creating a digital environment that enables customers to find information and complete tasks within an integrated environment.
To achieve this objective we are developing:
- user journeys centred around the customer needs, not the structure of government
- consistent visual and experience language on nsw.gov.au, so customers don’t need to relearn how to use individual government websites
- an improved search experience with fewer competing pages of duplicate or similar content
- data-driven approaches to continually improve engaging and innovative content.
Generate cost savings for the NSW Government through de-duplication of costs to maintain websites
In addition to improving customer experience, we are focused on reducing costs by:
- reducing content duplication and its associated design, research and maintenance costs
- reusing and repurposing common website functionality across multiple agencies.