M5 South-West Cashback Scheme
Want to know more about the M5 Cashback Scheme? Find out what it is, who is eligible, how to register and how to make a claim.
What is the M5 Cashback Scheme?
The M5 South-West Cashback Scheme allows you to claim back the cost of tolls paid (excluding GST) while using the M5 Motorway.
Who can use the M5 Cashback Scheme?
To claim M5 Cashback you need to pay your M5 tolls using an electronic tolling account or tagless account registered for M5 South-West Cashback.
You can only claim M5 Cashback if:
- you are a NSW resident
- your vehicle is registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use
- you have registered for M5 South-West Cashback with your tolling provider
- you have paid M5 South-West tolls using a NSW issued electronic tag or tagless account
- you have submitted your claim within 12 months of the close of the M5 South-West Cashback quarter. Claims received more than 12 months after the close of each quarter are not accepted.
Your eligibility for a rebate starts from the first day of the month in which you register. Tolls paid before the date you register will not be refunded.
To add or change details of someone who can enquire about your M5 South-West Cashback account, fill out theAuthority to enquire - Add, amend or remove - M5 South-West Cashback Scheme (PDF 144.97KB)
For more information, or to enquire about a lodged M5 Cashback rebate, please contact the M5 South-West Cashback Office.
Phone: 1300 133 310
Register for M5 Cashback
You can register for M5 Cashback by contacting your electronic tolling account provider.
If you don’t have an electronic tolling account, you can join one of the following providers who participate in M5 Cashback:
Please note: if you register for the M5 South-West Cashback Scheme, your vehicle may be photographed at the M5 South-West toll points for audit purposes.
Make a claim
There are 2 ways to claim M5 Cashback.
- Log in to your electronic tolling account through your provider’s website.
- Click on the Claim M5 Cashback link.
- A secure Online Claim site will appear in a new browser window.
- Follow the steps and submit your claim.
Send a copy of each of these to the address below:
- the transaction statement from your account provider listing your tollway usage
- a completed M5 South-West Cashback Scheme rebate claim form (PDF 133.4KB).
Transport for NSW
M5 South-West Cashback
Locked Bag 3
Dubbo NSW 2830
How are claims paid?
M5 Cashback rebates are paid on a quarterly basis. All claims are paid electronically into a savings or cheque account.
Online claims are processed within 7 working days. Paper claims are processed within 20 working days.