Companion card benefits for businesses
Find out about the benefits of joining the NSW Companion Card program as an affiliated business.
What is an affiliated business?
Affiliated businesses are businesses, organisations, events or venues that have registered with the Companion Card program.
An affiliated business agrees to:
- issue a companion ticket at no charge to cardholders
- display the Companion Card logo on their website and where possible, at their business premises or ticketing outlet, and in promotional material.
- abide by the Companion Card terms and conditions for affiliated businesses.
Join the community
Becoming an affiliated business is free. When you sign up as an affiliated business, you can use the Companion Card logo on your premises and marketing materials. This will show your customers that:
- you want to help people with disabilities be active members of your community
- you’re committed to social inclusion and community access for all people
- you’re committed to corporate citizenship and take your social responsibilities seriously.
- helps you meet certain obligations under anti-discrimination legislation
- provides connection to an extensive and often untapped market — people with disability
- helps you identify customers who may need significant help from a carer to participate in activities and to visit venues
Note: Disability anti-discrimination legislation applies to all organisations, regardless of their size or the type of service provided.
For more information download the information sheet below or contact us.